Polish Development Cooperation Programme
Ministry of Foreign Affair.
A project from 2015 is a continuation for activities, which started in 2014. During a months period of working in the Imereti region in 2014, the Foundation’s employees successfully diagnosed further needs in the development of local tourism in response to the growing number of tourists visiting the region and insufficient inhabitant’s skills in utilizing the region’s resources and their promotion. National Tourism Administration of Georgia confirmed in 2014 a significant increase in the number of tourists in comparison to previous years. In 2014, ICAD Foundation successfully conducted training for many people. Some of them started working in the tourism sector in 2015. Additionally, an innovative action was launched in 2015 in order to create new places of accommodation in tourist areas and to support a regional wineries development. Representatives of these accommodations and wineries were trained in the field of local product’s marketing, preparing and promoting, and also customer service.
The main goal of the project from 2015 was a further development of tourism in the Imereti region. The objectives of the project were achieved through:
- Upgrading the website: www.visitkutaisi.com
- Publishing detailed descriptions of tourist trails
- Publishing informations, which can faciliate booking of accommodation in the Imereti region
- Designing, printing and distributing the travel guide „Welcome to Kutaisi and Imeretii”, which includes a further distribution of the map from 2014
- Promotion of this region in social media and creation a Facebook page
- Training of 5 farms and 3 wineries in the field of local marketing, customer service and preparation and promotion of their products
- Training of 30 people in sales and customer service
- Most of the farms and wineries, which were trained in 2015, still cooperate with the Foundation and the local partner as part of their project activities